Apply Online for The Renter’s Damage Assistance Program
RENTERS DAMAGE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM GUIDELINES
To be considered for assistance arising out of damage to your personal property in your rental dwelling, caused by the December 10, 2021 tornado, you must meet the following requirements:
- You are a resident of Mayfield or Graves County,
- You occupied the rental property as your residence under a written lease in your name at the time your contents were damaged by the tornado of December 10, 2021,
- Your household income does not exceed two (2) times the Federal Poverty Level Guidelines for the resident’s household size at the time of the loss, and
- You have not received assistance for damage to the contents from FEMA or any other source (However, renter’s insurance on the contents, shall not be considered as assistance barring participation in this program).
It is anticipated that the assistance will be in the amount of the lesser of:
- The value of property damaged, if a total loss;
- The cost of repair, if repairable;
- Two Thousand Dollars ($ 2,000).
The assistance given will be on a case by case basis, subject to the total amount that has been funded for this program. To illustrate what proof may be required, one of more of the following items may be needed, depending on the circumstances: a 2020 tax return or other proof of income, a copy of the lease, proof of cost of repair such as an estimate or bill, a letter from the insurance agent setting out the deductable (if insurance was applicable), proof of the value of the property damaged, photographs of the damage, proof of denial by FEMA.