Apply Online for The Automobile Damage Assistance Program
To be considered for assistance arising out of damage to your automobile, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a resident of Mayfield or Graves County,
- whose automobile was damaged by the tornado of December 10, 2021,
- whose household income does not exceed two (2) times the Federal Poverty Level Guidelines for the resident’s household size, and
- who has not received assistance for damage to the affected automobile from FEMA or any other source (However, the owner’s insurance on the automobile shall not be considered as assistance barring participation in this program).
It is anticipated that the assistance will be in the amount of the lesser of:
- the value of the automobile, if a total loss;
- the cost of repair, if repairable;
- the amount of the insurance deductible, if the automobile was insured;
- one thousand dollars ($1,000).
The assistance given will be on a case by case basis, subject to program funding limits. To illustrate what proof may be required, one or more of the following items may be needed, depending on the circumstances: a 2020 tax return or other proof of income, a copy of the automobile title, proof of cost of the repair such as an estimate or bill, a letter from the insurance agent setting out the deductible (if insurance was applicable), proof of the value of the automobile, or photographs of the damage.